If the voting age was lowered to 16 , would you vote?

Yes
No
I'm Not Interested in Politics
My Vote Wouldn't Make A Difference
I Don't Know If I Would

Headlines

Herefordís First Santa Fun - In aid of Concern Universal

10th December 2010

On Sunday, 5th December, 2010, Hereford city centre was host to Concern Universal’s charity fun run, which saw many people dress up as Santa Claus. Fully equipped with big red trousers, beards and hats, participants were more than ready to face the two mile run, in order to raise funds to help fight poverty and social inequality around the world.

The race was opened by the city’s mayor, who said she was: “Proud that so many had turned up for such a good cause.” Event organisers warned all participants to be cautious on the route, due to the adverse weather conditions of the previous week. It was initially feared the race may have been called off due to the snow and ice that invaded Hereford, however this was fortunately not the case. The Fun Run began at the Black and White House; participants walked, jogged, ran or skipped the two miles down St Owen’s Street, twice around the castle green and then back to the Old House to complete the circuit.

The atmosphere amongst the participants was one of festive cheer and spirit, with Christmas carols being heard all the way around the route. Race participant Emma Cianchi said that the fun-run, “..is for a really good cause,” and added, “I’m so happy me and my friends could attend it”.

A good time was had by both participants and spectators alike. All those who completed the fun run were given a medal, chocolate and a voucher for a free cup of tea in Hereford!

Daniel Winter

The Review Online